Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Monthly Fall: or "As the World Slips"

Yup, I did it again. It was just a month ago today, that I fell and cracked my ribs, then last Satuday on the 10th, I slipped on our icey steps and traumatized my left knee. Luckily, I had ahold of the railing, and didn't fall forward -- just landed hard with all my weight (of which is is plenty) on my left leg. Even though we were just leaving, I turned around and went right to bed, and my nice husband, packed my knee in snow (in a plastic bag) and he went to the baby shower alone. What a trooper!
I have fortunately been very blessed, and today (Tuesday, the swelling and most of the pain is gone, and it really feels pretty good. I may be back "Sweatin' to the Oldies" soon. I had just finished a near perfect week with Richard, and was feeling pretty motivated.

I am still having pretty painful hip pain on the left side, and broke down and went to a chiropractor today in Window Rock. He gave me several exercises to do, so I hope I am feeling nearly normal again by next week. I have a huge publishing project to pull together before we leave, and I need to be able to sit at the comptuer without pain. More about this in the next posting.

1 comment:

A&AWilcox said...

I think we need to bubble wrap you for your own saftey. If it makes you feel any better I tend to fall down our stair everytime I am pregnant It has almost become a tradition.